Our Story

Our Story

We are Lacey Klassen and Michelle Maisonville; two Christian mothers privileged to go to Rwanda and Kenya with Home of Hope
from April 30-May 15, 2013. We've had an amazing experience and are happy to share it with all of you! For more information on all of the good Home of Hope is doing, please visit http://www.homeofhope.ca. Thank you so much for all of your support!

Love,
Lacey and Michelle



Wednesday 23 January 2013

Mums to Slums


I write to you today at the end of a wonderful day. Have you ever reconnected with old friends, and there is a feeling that you were never apart for long? Such was the case for me today as I re-visted my MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) group. Due to doing preschool at home, I have been unable to attend this year, but was invited back to speak about our trip to Africa. What a blessing! I have truly missed getting together with other moms in the same life stage to discuss our current struggles and (sometimes) distant dreams. 
File:Children and open sewer in Kibera.jpg
We talked a lot about the slum in Nairobi, Kenya that Michelle and I will be visiting.I have been learning a little about the slums there. About how dangerous they can be. About the open sewers. About how many people live in such a crowded area. About the despair.  But I know it is God's will that we go, and I want to be His tool, guided by His hands.  It is for His children that I want to go and not only help, but to learn from the people there. I may have grown up and live in the elite of the world, but I am well aware that these people and babies halfway across the world have much to teach me.




After a whirl wind day of being here and there, I am ready to take some time with my Maker to be still. I ask that you too do the same, and pray for those living in the slums throughout the world. Although this is normally declared at the beginning of the day, I can gladly declare that This is the Day that the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment